Pages

Saturday 25 April 2009

Metaphysical properties of glass


I've been searching around for how long we've been using glass and thinking about how it goes through different states to arrive at the beautiful thing that it is, about how it is shaped by fire and air. I love it when light shines through a prism and all the colours of the rainbow shine around the room. Any way below is the write up of the metaphysical properties of glass that I am putting on my web site to try to explain why I choose to engrave glass chalices instead of the more usual silver and wood ones, what do you think?
Metaphysically glass represents and carries the energies of transformation, merging of elements, rebirth, focus and communication.
Light shining through a glass prism brings in the vibrations of those specific colour energies.
Glass has its own metaphysical properties and has energy like everything else in the Universe. Glass brings together the traditional four elements; through fire and air the silica earth element is made molten and transformed into a liquid to then return to its earth state as a solid when cool.
Manmade glass has been found as early as 4,500 BC in Mesopotamia and 3,00 BC in ancient Egypt, before that the first glass to be used was natural obsidian and volcanic glass which was used to make arrowheads, knives, jewellery etc.

www.MorningStarCraft.co.uk

3 comments:

Alison said...

Your chalice is very beautiful, Dawn.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the metaphysical explanations of glass. Very helpful and insightful. I have two cuts, one on my left palm, the other on the inside of my right knee, both from glass earned when I was 3 years old and 5, respectively.

Unknown said...

I really appreciated your thoughts and insight. I have been working with glass (mostly stained) for about sixteen years. I have had several encounters with glass that make me feel like it's drawn to me or the likewise. My arm is full of glass right now, from an auto accident two months ago. About a year ago I tripped and landed on a wine glass. Years before a shower door shattered and my feet were full of glass. That being said, I have dealt with glass cuts and splinters for years from working with glass. Just starting to wonder why my connection with it is so strong.