Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Copper Oak Leaf



Well the leaves are beginning to fall in earnest now that the days are definitely getting colder.  I picked an Oak leaf up on my way back from the allotment and impressed it into some copper sheet so that the detail of the veins of the leaf were left on it.  Then I cut round the shape of the leaf with my piercing saw and smoothed the edges.  I left a stem type piece of copper at the top which I have turned under to make a bail to hang the leaf from and then applied patina to give it some subtle colour.  It's lightly hammered on the back to give the reverse some texture as well and is a good solid piece of jewellery.  

It measures approx 7.5cm x 3cm.  

I'm going to make some more things from leaves I think.  There are a couple of other photos on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/dawn-rose/


No comments: